Sugarcane!

Tuesday, 22 March 2011

CA duty

Hi people!!
Sugarcane is gonna blog about her first ever CA (Conservation Ambassador) duty she did on Sunday together with carrot and aloe! =D

In case you don't know, being a CA is a kind of volunteer work.
Yes, we don't get paid.

Our duty is to spread the conservation message for the particular animal we are doing for that day!

For my first duty, I decided to do on my favourite animal in the zoo, RHINOS!!!
=D=D=D=D=D=D=D
They are damn cute!!

I don't know why, I have never found rhinos cute, until I saw them in real on the first CA training!
And I fell in love with them~ =D

Because we didn't do any duty for the past 4 months, we decided to clear two duties in one day!
Each duty lasts 2 hours.

We are supposed to approach visitors at the exhibit and ask like "do you wanna know more about rhinos?"
Then we start throwing them all the information we memorised! =p

But the problem is....
I am anti-social.
Plants all know, and some even call me to be more sociable!!
I REFUSE TO! *ROAR*

Yes, I am proud to be anti-social although it will not really benefit me in any way.
But I just am! I don't usually take the initiative to talk to people.
Except when my friends are around, or I am hyper that day...

Therefore, for the morning duty, I spent almost all of my time looking at my cute rhinos and watching visitors come in and out of the exhibit...
There are quite a lot of the visitors will STARE at either my CA t-shirt (It's bloody striking LIME GREEN!) or my name tag...
See what see? Never see CA before issit?! Sua ku! *ROAR*

And there are a lots of zoo workers passing by the rhino exhibit.
Whenever they pass by, I would worry that they would complain saying that I am slacking cause I am not approaching anyone...
But after that, I don't give a damn.
老娘就是anti-social, 你有意见啊?!

After that, wanyi came and ask me to go join her at the zebra exhibit!
Actually, we are not supposed to have two CAs doing on animal, but heck care!
Although I know nothing about zebras (cause I only memorised about the rhinos), I am still very glad to join my aloe cause it's better than 发呆-ing alone! =p

Then end of duty.
Then start of the 2nd duty...

AND IT'S BLOODY FREAKING RAINING when we are doing out second duty!
And it totally did not give us a reason to hide in some shelter and therefore, cheat one duty.
We have to hide under our umbrellas (aloe forgot to bring hers, so we share) and continue doing our duty...

Poor thing hor?

Then we keep alternating between the zebra and rhinos exhibit.
And...
WE FOUND A SECRET CORNER!!
Woohoooo~
Like only a few visitors will walk by and NO ZOO WORKERS WILL SEE US!

It's awesome! =D

Anyway, my target that day was to talk to one group of people.
As little as it may sound, that's really my target!
I approached a woman in the morning duty, she rejected me.
At the secret corner during the 2nd duty, I approached a guy carrying his daughter, he say his daughter is too young to understand, and call me to wait for three more years... =.=

When aloe goes back to the zebras, I approached this group of three girls.
When I asked them if they want to know more about rhinos, I thought they would reject me.
I was a little taken aback when they say "okay"
Then when I talk to them I am like freaking nervous!

But still...
After the origin of the white rhinos' name, they are no longer interested in the conservation message... D=
I memorised so much and I only got to tell people so little!
Luckily I only spent the time on the bus to memorise, if not really waste effort!

It's okay~
I reached my target! YAY!!

I tell you one funny thing!
Got one kid thinks rhinos are hippo, one think it's elephant, and one even think that it's zebra!
Gosh, the zebra one super no link!!

And....
IT'S PICTURES TIME NOW! =D





The frog, and the eggs in the pond outside corporate office!
Aloe seems to like the frog, lol~
And one zoo worker saw us looking into the pond and asked if we want to feed CRICKETS!
Gosh.... No thanks....





The peacock we saw on the way to corporate office!
Lol, the second photo, just nice when I snap it decided to stick its head behind the bamboo (omg, my cousin!).
Shy la, I think. Ahaha~





I feel like raising this when doing the duty...
Much better right?
But I no guts leh... D=



On the bus home.
YOU SEE OUR DAMN STRIKING LIME GREEN SHIRT! =.=
And aloe and carrot looks like sisters! Ahaha~

Hehe, I shall end this not-long post with three pictures of my second favourite animal in the zoo which I forgotten it's name AGAIN!







It's doing guard duty!!
It's freaking cute!!!!
But somehow my lousy phone camera wasn't able to capture it's cute-ness... =.=

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home